Cottingham Recreation Field View map
Berryfield Road, Cottingham LE16 8XB
By popular demand the Cottingham and Middleton Summer Fete is back!
We have a range of delights on offer, so whether you want to chill over a beer and burger (or a cup of tea and home-made cake) while listening to live music or spend an energetic afternoon testing yourself at games of skill and chance, we have something for you.
There will be lots of entertainment for youngsters, whether itʼs taking a selfie with the walking dinosaur, having your nails painted, spending time on the bouncy slide, or trying to kick a penalty past our resident goalie – we have activities to keep everyone busy.
- Plants, craft, pickles and preserves
- Sweets and gifts tombolas
- Water and wine stall
- Ball in a bucket
- Close up magic tricks
- Nail painting
- Human fruit machine
- Find the Fiver in the sock
- Name the teddy
- Walking dinosaur
- Inflatable slide
- Raffle – view prizes (draw at 4pm)
Food and drink
- BBQ – burgers and hot dogs from Ashley Farm shop, plus veggie options (falafel wraps and halloumi)
- Beer Tent – craft beer from Great Oakley Brewery plus lagers, wine, soft drinks and free squash for the children
- Pimms and Fizz
- Strawberries and cream
- Tea and cakes – run by our expert volunteers from St Mary Magdalene Church.
- Ice cream from Cottingham’s Ganders Goat ice cream
Live music and games all day
12.45pm Yellow Dog Rhythm and Blues Band
1.50pm Cottingham School Choir
2.00pm Valley Voice Community Choir featuring The Great Bowden Recital Trust Youth Choir
2.30pm Tug-o-war and races
3:00pm Alright JACK saxophone quartet
4.00pm Raffle draw
The Fete will be the first major fund raising event for the Cottingham and Middleton Community Hub – The Mill – which when built, will provide a vibrant, modern space for so many village, church and school activities. The school and church, as key contributors to the fete, will also benefit from the proceeds.
A big thank you to all the volunteers who are involved in planning and running the Fete, everyone who’s advertised in the Fete programme and donated raffle prizes.
We’re also counting on your support, so we hope to see you there!